Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Meet JOYCE KOHLER from Heber, Utah

Joyce Webb Kohler grew up in the Southwest but has called Utah home for the last forty-five years and is in love with its mountains.  She and her husband Dale live in Midway where they see mountains no matter which direction they look, and that suits them just fine.  Joyce became involved in UTSPS at the invitation of her friend and mentor, the late Helen Beaman, an association which forever changed her life. Joyce was awarded UTSPS's Utah Poet of the Year award 2014 for her prize winning collection of original poetry entitled: Like Water, Like Bread. Contact her if you are interested in forming a chapter of UTSPS in the Heber-Park City area.

Love Interest by Joyce Kohler

I will be Ginger if you will be Fred,
Or you Valentino and me some red head.
Let's pretend I am the Queen of the Nile
and you are Marc Anthony just for a while.

With you playing Bogie and me as Bacall,
I'd teach you to whistle.  You'd give me a call.
Cast me as Hepburn and cast you as Tracy.
We could have fun, but nothing too racy.

I will play Hedy if you will play Bing.
Hope you don't mind if I ask you to sing.
But in reality, I would just settle
with you down on the farm—Ma and Pa Kettle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to comment. Your ideas are important. You can leave a comment as anonymous. All comments will be moderated before being published.